The SLB Mark
The SLB mark is exclusive to Optimo products. SLB stands for Skin (skin), Layer (layer), Blossoming (activation), an effect of activating the skin’s deep layer cell turnover to result in fresh, new skin.
Every day your skin is subjected to various stimuli, such as UV rays and rubbing of the skin. Thus, skin cells are kept in a healthy state by the inherent natural healing power of skin immunity, replacing old, unhealthy cells with new, clear skin.
Unique blend of (i) Stem Cell Extracts, (ii) LPS and (iii) Bidens Pilosa in Optimo products, optimizes and engineered to utilise, harness and boost the skin’s natural healing ability.
For Optimo, products that provide a healthy circulation of the skin through the skin layer blossoming effect and contain the three main active ingredients above the specified value required for this to occur are given this mark.
1. Stem Cell Extracts
Plant stem cell extracts used in Optimo products carry on the unique properties they contain when in plants that help in protecting and healing the skin, making it very useful in shielding the skin from the nasty pollution from the environment.
The power of stem cell extracts
While stem cell extracts do not reverse the ageing of the skin nor replace skin cells, they still contain many medicinal properties found in the plants they were extracted from. These properties are useful in the preservation of youthful and clear skin. Found in many cosmetic products around the world, stem cells are highly used in treating the skin due to its many benefits, such as:
- Extending the life of fibroblasts and stimulating their activity. Fibroblasts are one of the cells that are essential in repairing tissue and are very important to the skin.
- Rebuilding damaged skin cells. Stem cell extracts promote the production of fibroblasts, which are used to repair the skin.
- Protects the skin against UV radiation. Stem cells can act as a protection for the skin and can reflect harmful rays away from it, similar to sunscreen.
- Antioxidant. Plant stem cells absorb and neutralize free radicals, which are unstable atoms that can damage cells and are considered one of the most active compounds in skin ageing, allowing the skin to age slower.
- Promoting skin cell turnover. Stem cell extracts can promote the renewal of the skin by activating the cells required for this to occur, thus helping to rid of blemishes, wrinkles and other unwanted spots on the skin.
LPS is an abbreviation for Lipopolysaccharide, which is a substance extracted from the soil and trees, plants and foods, and Pantoea bacterium that exists in the air. In Optimo, LPS is extracted from natural fermented rice bran extract. It has an "amphipathic" substance that has both water-soluble and oil-soluble characteristics and reaches the skin’s outermost layer, allowing it to easily be absorbed into the skin and not leave any unwanted residue.
Superpowers of LPS
LPS activates macrophages (special cells that destroy bacteria and other harmful organisms) which rise to the skin’s surface to rid of unwanted cells, as well as promoting the growth of new skin to replace old and unhealthy ones. This means that LPS does not add additional chemicals or products into the skin, but instead, utilises the skin’s natural ability to renew the skin’s surface. This gives rise to the many healing factors of LPS, which include:
- Healing dry skin. By promoting skin regeneration, LPS can help replace dead, dry skin with newer, healthier skin.
- Reducing inflamed skin. With its ability to activate anti-bacterial cells from the body, LPS can help with skin issues concerning bacterial problems.
- Removing skin blemishes. By promoting skin regeneration, LPS can help replace old, damaged skin with newer, healthier skin.
- Whitening and brightening skin. By promoting skin regeneration, LPS can help replace old, damaged skin with newer, healthier skin.
- Strengthens and firms the skin. LPS can transmit a signal to the dermis (a layer deep in the skin) to increase the production of fibroblasts and new skin cells, which help tighten the skin and remove wrinkles by repairing tissue.
LPS in the world today
As a result of more than 30 years of research, LPS provides us with a new and unique take on skincare and is constantly attracting worldwide attention. In 2011, Dr Bruce Boydler and his colleagues received the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for their research that clarified the mechanism of innate immunity activation by LPS and the like, together with many other achievements and breakthroughs throughout the years. With various benefits, LPS is essential in Optimo products to provide the best skin results.
Researchers primary in today's development of LPS
Doctor of Engineering Chie Kawachi
President of Innate Immunity Applied Giken Co., Ltd. Director of Innate Immunity Control
Technology Research Association
PhD, Dr Hiroyuki Inagawa
Vice President and Representative Director,
Natural Immunology Control Technology Research Association General Manager, Research Headquarters, Niigata University of Pharmacy, Visiting Professor, Health and Independence Research Organization
For Optimo products, cosmetic boxes containing LPS above the specified value have a special LPS mark. This LPS mark is given only to products that have been confirmed to contain more than the specified value of genuine LPS material (Pantoea from fermented rice bran extract) provided by Innate Immunity Applied Giken. Cosmetics with an even higher concentration will be further marked with a star.
Bidens Pilosa (Koshiro no Sendangusa) is a herb carefully cultivated on our farm in Miyakojima, Okinawa, where it is proven to be more potent and higher in quality and those grown in other areas. Also known as Black Jack, bidens pilosa is a common tropical plant that can be found in many places, yet holds much medicinal value and is commonly found in folk remedies in many parts of the world. In cosmetics, it is also well known for its natural action in bio-retinol.
The magic of bidens pilosa
Bidens pilosa is generally well known for its effective healing properties. Many a time, strains of bacteria can be resistant to medical antibiotics such as penicillin. However, bacteria are less resistive to herbs as herbs are much more complex than antibiotics, which make it more difficult for bacteria to develop an immunity to. Thus, herbs like bidens pilosa are very valuable in medicine and are constantly being used to help support the body. For Optimo products, bidens pilosa’s unique properties play an important role in cosmetics, such as:
- Anti-inflammatory. Bidens pilosa has special compounds that can reduce the swelling and redness of the skin, helping to soothe and prevent irritants.
- Lowers allergies. As allergies often result in swelling, bidens pilosa can be used to stabilise cells and reduce inflammations.
- Antioxidant. Bidens pilosa contains compounds that absorb and neutralize free radicals, which are unstable atoms that can damage cells and are considered one of the most active compounds in skin ageing, allowing the skin to age slower.
- Promotes firmness of the skin. Bidens pilosa boosts collagen production, which is the protein in the body that acts as the scaffolding of the skin. With the increased production of collagen, bidens pilosa is able to strengthen the skin and remove wrinkles and saggy skin, resulting in smooth, supple skin.